Saturday, October 18, 2008

Zoo Walk

My friend invited me to join her for the Autism Zoo Walk on Saturday. We were supposed to get there to register at 8 but when I hadn't heard from her by 7:30 I was worried. Finally she called back and said they wouldn't make it to register by 9 but they still wanted to go to the zoo. I invited my mom and got to the zoo right about 10:00 but since there was a special event we had to park at the Stadium down the street and walk about 3/4 of a mile to the zoo. Well at 10:00 it's already pretty warm and sunny plus I have 2 year old who is walking. (Maybe I should have brought the stroller but he usually doesn't stay in it anyway and I didn't think I wanted to push a stoller and drag along a kid.)


Well my friend doesn't call me until about 11:30 saying she's there and we started down the kids trail and she started down the african trail...so opposite sided. Anyway, we happened to meet up with them near the splash pad and saw the monkeys together but that was it. I love my friend she's great but this is how all of our play times go...they never quite work out.



Luckily my mom came along otherwise I would have been really upset. Keaton wanted me to hold him and fell asleep while we were walking, I woke him up to eat then we headed home, not before riding the carousel of course. It was a long and hot day and cost about $60. But it was Keaton's first trip to the zoo so I hope he had fun.




Keaton was a little afraid of this frog so he kept leaning over and I told him it was pretend and asked him to touch the frog's eye but he is touching his own eye instead, but I love the smile.


He's getting to be such a big boy.


He loved watching the tortoise eat a carrot, but never stood still long enough to get the tortoise in the shot with him.


When Keaton sees tractors he says "Look Bob the Builder" I had to pry him off this one, even though he kept telling me it was hot.


We found a squirrel friend, which kept running up close to get some smashed chips on the sidewalk. Probably the best part of the day, he watched this squirrel for at least 10 minutes. This is Keaton leaning in to see him, but again, neither the squirrel or Keaton would be still long enough to pose together .


Did you know this cup has free refills for life? Next time I'm getting a kids meal for myself too. We both had the same hot dog, same chips, I got a medium drink but no refill, he can get all the refills he wants plus his meal came with a rice krispie treat all for $1.50 less than the adult.


Watching the ducks and turtles... Keaton does this thing when he's being silly where he turns his head and looks at you through the corner of his eyes, this is not the best picture of it, but that is what he's doing.


Again the child who never poses, we took like 8 pictures before the carousel even started to move! Plus my mom wasn't quite sure how to use the camera, I zoomed and cropped but this was the best I could get.

1 comment:

ME said...

Deanna,
Anytime you want to go let me know! We love the zoo and I have a membership with guest passes. He is getting so big! He is so cute.