Saturday, August 16, 2008

Born to be Wild

So Keaton went for his first "joy ride" today. This morning grandpa was mowing the lawn first thing which is one of Keaton's favorite pass times. So Keaton got up and changed clothes and put on shoes etc. Then he was out back with grandpa. I saw him a few times, on grandpa's shoulders, holding granpa's hand, pushing the mower. Then he saw his new bike. So I could see him riding around the grass behind grandpa, very cute. Several minutes later, my dad came in and asked "Do you guys have Keaton?" The answer was NO! The gate was open because my dad had brought the mower from the back to the front and Keaton was not out front. My dad headed down the streen North, my mom went to the end of the cul-de-sac and I jumped in my car, just in case he got real far already. Well we found him pretty quickly, near the end of the street in the grass, he had gotten off his bike and was pushing it through the tall grass in the green belt. When my mom approached him he told her "No Grandma, go away!" He was really excited to be free.

I thought I had more pictures of him on the bike but I guess not, maybe it's on my phone, not the camera...anyway I'll add a pic later.

No comments: