Saturday, December 4, 2010

Next up...August

Are we having fun with all this playing catch up yet?  Well August is a big month because I have a birthday on the 12th and Keaton's is on the 13th.  We had dinner at my parents and I requested Mexican food so my dad had someone from his spanish branch make me real flan, which was actually better than I thought it would be.  Then we had a cake for Keaton of course.
 
For my birthday my thoughtful boyfriend, Jay, took me to The Melting Pot...$100 later, we weren't that impressed.  The food was ok but would have been just as happy at Texas Roadhouse or Outback.  However we did decide it might be fun to go back just for desert it's 15 dollars for the chocolate fondue and they have different kinds, I think we got the turtle with chocolate, carmel and nuts.  Then to dip there were bananas, strawberries, marshmellows, cheese cake, rice krispie treats...and maybe something else I'm forgetting.  It was memorable, though I don't really recommend it.  Oh and while I'm mentioning my thoughtful man, he sent me these at work on my b-day which was also the 2nd day of school so my new coworkers were impressed :)

 Keaton got a fun package from his dad for his birthday.  He loves checking the mailbox and seeing if he has any mail.  Especially since often his mail is bigger and he has to use the special key to open the big mailbox.  We also did a small family part for him on his actual birthday but with my cell phone camera and bad lighting at peter piper, they didn't really come out.
 Another fun time in August was going to Golfland.  This was Keaton's first time so he needed a little help.  But he had a blast even though obviously he rarely got it in the hole in less than 6 shots. 
Jay lost his ball in the water about half way through.  And it was super hot outside (August remember) so we called it good after 10 holes...but let it be known that at that point I was the winner :)  You will start to notice on this blog many self portraits of Jay and I...we either need to ask someone else to stop and take our pictures or start going on more double dates.

 At the diamondbacks game...I think we lost but at this point that was 4 months ago so I don't really remember.
 Did a little home improvement.  Jay installed a ceiling fan in my bedroom.
 He also installed a new kitchen faucet.  It has a much longer neck so it can actually reach half way across the sink, plus a sprayer which is always handy.
 I hung this up in my hallway, I really like it if I do say so myself.
 And did this in the hall bath.
Things are starting to run together now....my September post just may include some August activites...but who would really know right?  I don't.  And that's all for now.

2 comments:

Shay said...

YAY an update! I bet its going to feel super good to have all the updates done ha! Love the pictures:-) We should triple date with Houston and Kyndra to the Melting Pot for dessert one time!

Deanna said...

Yes we should it's just around the corner from their house! Plus with three couples we could try three different kinds of chocolate!