Thursday, August 6, 2009

School Days, School Days


Keaton is now a Mustang! Yes, Dobson the same school President Obama visited this year. The same school I attended many years ago...is now Keaton's school too. Today was his first day at the Mini Mustang Preschool. Here are a few pics of his first day. All he can tell me is that he played outside and took a nap :)











Today was also my official first day of work, though we got our keys on Monday, we had a meeting all morning and I was able to finish up the classroom in the afternoon. Tomorrow...planning. Just for the entertainment of other teachers, here are a few crazy things going on...we have only 1 regular kinder and 1 ELD...the regular class has 50 students....today the district finally agreed to split the class, which they were still refusing to on Monday when there were only 40. Today we also found out that for grades 3-6 our workbooks are no longer consumable meaning that in the future the district will not be paying for them, so now we have to decide if we will just make lots of copies of everything (with no extra budget for paper) or have students transfer their answers to another sheet of paper.




Anyway I think my classroom is looking pretty good except now that I see this picture that one corner may be a bit busy but oh well . I'm sure more fun school stories and educational surprises will follow! Good luck to all you teachers out there and HOORAY for all you parents who have kids starting back up soon!

2 comments:

Alyse Clonts said...

I love reading the blog of another teacher. I feel like I totally understand you and what you are dealing with!

M + L said...

Your room looks cute!