Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday Children Dear...

Soooo many August birthdays...I think I have 7 friends, an uncle, cousins, Keaton and myself all in August...

On August 8th we had Keaton's birthday party. Since it's so stinkin hot, I reserved a ramada at 9 am, right when the water turns on. It was a jungle theme (the invitations I made said Calling all Party Animals...we'll have a roarin' good time!)

Since it was early we did some breakfast foods. I also made cupcakes with animals, some turned out better than others. I should have made frosting from scratch but I was lazy so I used store bought which of course isn't as thick so some of the "grass" looks melted.


The kids had a great time just running around and playing in the water and on the equipment. This is a nice park, the ramadas are really close so you can sit under shade and watch the kids play also the playground is covered, plus if you get too hot just run through the water.


Keaton was so excited to have all of his favorite people here (thanks Sara for bringing out the kiddos on your birthday) I didn't get very many pictures of our guest...sorry everyone.
And last but not least, who doesn't love getting presents. What a fun time!.


Later that night we went to a Karaoke party for my Uncle Hugh's 50th birthday. This short clip is dedicated to Lindsay and Cassie, who are probably the only ones who will see it. I wanted to get something good, but my card was full after only 7 seconds. So here they are...The Levi Family...Hugh, Jamie, Lindsey, Kelly, Cassie and Connor!




On Sunday the 9th my family celebrated my birthday, we had lots of left over cupcakes from the day before so we made some ice cream sundaes...yum.
My real birthday is August 12th - the first day of school...HOORAY! I took cookies to my class. After work I went to Cielo Salon and got my hair washed and styled for free. I had to plans to go out so I just had her straighten it so I wouldn't have to do it the next morning. Of course the next morning it rained so that ruined my straight do...oh well.
Keaton's actual birthday is August 13th. We took treats to his class but he was having a hard time with the fact it was his birthday again....you see the whole week before we were telling him his birthday was on Saturday. Then we had the party. On his real birthday he kept asking if it was Saturday. Then at school his teacher thought he was 4, because the director had all the paperwork or something. So all day they celebrated his 4th birthday and his hat even said 4 until the afternoon when they figured it out and glued that 3 on top. He told everyone he was 4 the next two days...poor kid. Here he is in his birthday crown. He was so pleased with himself. Oh and a few cookie crumbs too :)


2 comments:

Lori Thompson said...

AWESOME cake! HAPPY birthday little Mr. Keaton!

M + L said...

YAY thanks for coming to the party later that night. We didn't know Keaton's birthday party was that morning. Glad you got a few seconds of us singing, too bad it wasn't longer. We LOVE to sing. Happy Birthday to you and Keaton!