Sunday, August 16, 2009

Beat L.A....Beat L.A.


Friday night I got a text from my friend Jill at 4:30 saying she had D-backs tickets but her baby was sick did I want them, I didn't reply to her until 5:15, she didn't get back to me until 6...and then we proceeded to try to figure out what time the game actually started and how I could pick up tickets at Will Call under her name. And was it even worth the effort since it was almost game time. (cuz lets just be honest I try to do fun things for Keaton on a regular basis that end up a nightmare instead of actually being fun, due to his lack of following directions and my lack of patience)

Well the game started at 6:40 so we were a bit late but I decided to go anyway and take Keaton. I was pretty worried about taking him by myself especially parking and the yuckiness of Downtown. Not that I felt unsafe just that Keaton doesn't like to hold my hand or really to listen to me at all :) The whole explanation about the lateness and rush etc is because I obviously didn't have much time to "get ready" my hair was pulled back, make-up worn off for the day etc . So don't focus on me, just my cute little man loving the game.

I had taken Keaton once last year and he was up and down the stairs, getting stuck in his seat, whining, I want popcorn, I want a drink, etc. But this year he was soooo good. He was totally into all the chanting especially the Beat LA chant, and even more once we bought the foam finger. Add a hot dog and a shared ice cream...who could ask for more.



And an even bigger bonus, after the game there were fireworks...we headed upstairs to get a better view and loved every minute of it. This was like a dream come true - for him because of all the excitement, for me because he actually sat down, listened to me, and didn't throw any fits.

THANKS JILL FOR PROVIDING US WITH SUCH A FUN TIME. HOPE BABY TREY IS FEELING MUCH BETTER NOW. I OWE YOU!

No comments: