Saturday, December 6, 2008

IRON GIRL

So lately I've been walking at 5 AM with some girls from my ward. Some of them who are very ambitious would like to do a 1/2 marathon soon. So to start us off we registered for a 5K. It was the AFLAC Iron Girl. It was fun to get up early in the morning on a Saturday and exercise with a bunch of other people...but I didn't love it. I mean I figure we already walk 2.5 miles each morning so walking 3.2 was not that big of a deal. Plus it was way crowded so if we tried to jog it was like morning rush hour stop and go traffic. Anyway, here's some pics of our day. We did get a nice goodie bag and a continental breakfast...and of course we all got a silver medal! Whoo Hoo.


Kelly, Amy, Deanna, Erin, Beth


The 5 AM Walkers!
When they called me the night before they said there are blue shirt and purple shirts one has 3/4 legnth sleeves and the other is long sleeved. I said it shouldn't be too cold I'll take the 3/4 sleeves...well they aren't really 3/4 and they failed to tell me I would be the only one in another color....but that's ok, we all coordinated anyway.



Dona, Kelly, Deanna, Amy, Erin, Beth, Betsy & girls

2 comments:

Lori Thompson said...

Good for you Deanna!! Me and some gals from our ward have been meeting at the track at night and running/speed walking. It's been fun. Wish we were in the same ward...Miss you!

M + L said...

Good for your girl! You're brave. I'll run on the treadmill but doing a marathon scares me :) And you looked cute in your blue shirt!