Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tonsils.. who needs 'em!

So it's been a little while cuz we've been a little sick. Last week, well a week and a half ago, Keaton had a little fever in the evening..like 99.9. He acted lethargic so we headed to bed right at 8:00. Well about 8:30 he starts gagging and throws up all over his bed. I carry him into the bathroom while he continues to spew into the bath tub. We get cleaned up and then about 9:00 I guess he had just a little more. By 10 he had passed out on the couch and slept through the night. No fever in the morning. Took him to daycare, warned her that the first sign of fever or vomitting definately call....fine all day. About 8 at night, slight fever again. Saturday morning, Sunday and Monday..same thing fine all day, playing, eating, sleeping, happy...by 5 or 6 pm, feeling lethargic not eating slight fever, never over 100.1. Well Sunday I started feeling it too! Monday I decided to try to stick it out at work even though my throat was killing me and I didn't feel very good. I had the day off last Tuesday for Veteran's Day so I thought I'd make it through. By 10:00 I had a fever 102.2 in my nurses office and I was dizzy etc. Got a sub in by 11:30 and went to my doc. I had strep and my fever in his office was 102.6. I guess I was really. This is my 2nd round of Strep this school year and my 3rd this calendar year but the doc says it's not a good surgery at this age....now that I'm so old.

Anyway, Tuesday Keaton was fine, I was off, but sent him to daycare because of my strep...picked him up around 12:30. I started to notice a little fever around 3:30 so I called the doctor she got me in at 4:15 and sure enough Keaton had a fever of 100.0 and strep too. Poor little guy, probably really sick all weekend, but it's so hard to know.

So that's our story, we both finished up the meds and we're good to go :) Keaton gets a flu shot on Thursday now that he's better, I've already had mine so hopefully we'll make it through the winter.

5 comments:

M + L said...

Being sick is no fun. I normally get sick twice a year. This year it was a whole week in February with a fever for almost 5 days, vomiting, and sore throat. Then campus sends an email saying there's a virus going around, about 3 weeks ago, and sure enough I got it. Sick, fever, the whole thing! You probably get sick more because you teach. Glad you two are better :) Hope you're doing well otherwise. Will miss you at Thanksgiving. Tell everyone "hi".

Marisa said...

How awful! I had no idea you guys had been so sick! I'm glad you are doing well. You both looked great last night. It was great to see you!

koby said...

Hey, I am glad you found me! I can't believe how big your son is. It doesn't seem that long ago that you were pregnant :) Anyway, looks like you are doing great! We sure miss you in our ward.

Brooke said...

You know that's weird because I had my tonsils taken out right before I was married. Which was only five years ago :) I had strep so often, and I haven't had it since. It was a HARD recovery. Honestly I would rather go through childbirth again! But worth it for me. Because I rarely get sore throats any more. Five years clean!!

Glad you guys are feeling better!

d.jo said...

Oh, my gosh! I can't believe he has to get his tonsils out! That happened to me when I was like 8, and it's not really fun, because even though you can eat ice cream, you don't really feel like it. Poor little guy!

I actually disagree with the childbirth comparisson to tonsil removal...it's not really that bad. : ) There's no way I'd pick childbirth over tonsil removal on the pain scale. lol.

Keaton is so BIG, and cute as ever. I love the pictures of him at Halloween!