Saturday, November 29, 2008

SHOPPING NIGHTMARE

Ok well it wasn't really a nightmare but I don't know why people do it. I guess if there was a super great thing that you could save a ton on it would be worth it but yesterday was definately not worth it.

I went to KB toys about 12:30 already lines like crazy. It was so packed it was hard to walk down the aisle and even see what was there. The only reason I went was to use a 40% off coupon, that was for a regular price item and only good from midnight to 5 am.

When I got out of there about 2:30 I just decided to hang around the mall, some other stores were open so I browsed then headed to JC Penney. However once again I was late...at 4:15 I couldn't find a parking spot...but finally I parked. I went there to get a pair of shoes, they were 24 dollars instead of 60...but I wonder if they'll be on sale again like that some other time before Christmas. I bought a few other things then checked out...and got to my 3rd store late too.

I pulled up to Walmart at 5:30...they had a man in the parking lot directing traffic it was so bad. All I really wanted to buy was this little $10 set of blocks. I walked into the store and almost turned around a walked out but made my way to the back. Found my blocks and got in line...after 15 minutes of not moving and realized I was at least 50 people back and other lines were even longer, I put those blocks down and left.

I was thinking the whole time...what about the recession...are people spending every sent they have, going into massive debt or are the just grabbing everything they can on sale and maybe having to return later once they evaluate their situations more.

Last year I went to Kohls at about 9:00 and had to stand in line for over 2 hours so that's why I tried the early thing this year. But I still stood in two lines for more than 45 minutes.

I would say...not worth it for me. Keaton didn't need any particular toy so much I couldn't wait til today or next week. I wasn't planning on purchasing any major electronic or appliance for the great deal so not worth my lack of sleep.

One thing I will say..I wanted this swingset from toyrus...they were out by 10....and mom called all the store in the valley, they all ran out yesterday and when she called again this morning, they didn't have any on their overnight shipments either. I guess I should have been at toysrus at 5, instead of walmart

3 comments:

M + L said...

I TOTALLY agree with you. My Mom and I went shopping last year on the big madness day and we bought a digital camera for Cassie and Guitar Hero for Connor and those were great deals, but we waited in line for about 2 hours for it. If you're willing to lose sleep over a couple hundred dollars, then it's worth it. If not, it's a total waste of time. People get mad and shove and push and it's just ridiculous. One year, my Mom saw a MAN PUNCH a LADY in the face and stole the Cabbage Patch Doll she was holding and took off. Are you kidding me?! What has this world come to? Ha ha. I hope the people of America are watching their credit and not over spending. I thought about that after I read what you wrote. But not everyone is smart :(

Marisa said...

What a hassle! But if your shoes are fantastic then it was all worth it! We went thrift store shopping on black Friday. No lines there!

Brooke said...

I went black friday shopping for the very first time this year. I only went to Toys r us, by the time I got out of there I didn't even want to try to go anywhere else.

I got there at five thirty am. Knew exactly where my toys were got them within five minutes, and stood in line for two hours.

The only nice thing was I completed my christmas shopping that day. But unless black friday is like labor (childbirth) and you forget the pain, I doubt I will ever do it again!!