Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Preparation

Lots of things going on to get ready for Thanksgiving. At school we made little turkeys out of nuts, yes that is a walnut and a peanut cute huh? Keaton finger painted this cup turkey centerpiece for us.

One night last week we made food treats. First we made some apple turkeys. A yummy snack, though we made three and I'm not sure we even ate one.

Also we made this Harvest Blessing Mix we gave it to his teachers (6) at school and my V.T. people. This is the mix pre-label. I made a little label to fold over the top of the bags. Here is the basics of the mix, though I worded it better on the tag.


The Bugels represent a cornucopia-horn of plenty
Pretzels-arms folded in prayers of thanks
Dried Fruits - The fruits of the harvest.
Sunflower seeds - the promise of a bountiful harvest next year,
Candy corn - reminder of faith of pilgrims, when they each had 5 kernels per day to eat.

Last Sunday I subbed in singing time at church. I made this turkey and hid the feathers with songs for junior primary and had senior think of a blessing and a song to go with it to write on their feathers. Keaton wanted to have the big turkey so we turned it into FHE the next day. These are some of the many things our family is grateful for.

Keaton wanted to write too, so I told him the letters and he wrote them. Not bad for a kid who's not even 3 and a half yet! In case you can't tell it says trees and clothes. The "s" looks like a 3, we'll have to work on that. And in clothes the 'H' is on top of the 'T' so it's hard to see all the letters but what do you expect from those little hands especially using a big marker and not sitting at the table.

I am thankful to have so much fun with my little boy although sometimes it's more fun for me and forced fun for him! I am also very thankful for his health and how smart the little stinker is :)