Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween...plus

Well I still haven't found my camera, the one I just got for Christmas last year. But I did find the memory card to my 6 year old camera, and it worked out for the most part. The screen doesn't always work and it doesn't fit in my pocket but we managed.

Halloween was a busy time. Keaton's Halloween started off really early Friday morning at school. The kids got dressed and went trick or treating around Dobson High during first hour. They had teachers who were interested sign up. Then they came back to the classroom and had a special chocolate chip pancake breakfast which included purple Gatorade with some dry ice for the spooky effect. After breakfast they went trick or treating to another set of teachers during 2nd hour. Keaton made a killing. Many teachers had given them treat bags with lots of thing. He also got several pencils, stickers, a little football, a lanyard, notepads etc. The bags they had decorated were over flowing and so each kids went home with their bag plus an extra.

While I'm on the topic of school, I just took this pic of some of his recent projects. The stop light was during safety week (he also has a cute fireman pic. on the other camera) during the week about staying healthy they made prints with fruits and vegetables, then there is some simple fall stuff. He brings home tons daily.

Ok back to Halloween - First stop the party at the Caza's. Erin does a really good job setting up little carnival games. She invited everyone from the ward between 2-4 (her kids ages) we ate pizza and got some treats. And of course the grand finale....the fishing pond, where you catch a real fish. He's safely home and in the tank 24 hours with our other large goldfish and he seems to be surviving.


Next stop - Ward Party - again more carnival games. I ate a Navajo taco, Keaton wouldn't try it.

We decided to skip the trunk-or-treat because a 3 year old just doesn't need that much candy.

Third stop - Neighborhood trick or treating. Keaton loved this of course, he ran around for the first half and was still very excited at the end. He got a few good scares and almost went into tears once. On the way back to the house he decided to take a ride.
Off to the next house with Dad and Aunt Jenn

Keaton and Daddy by a "kind of scary" ghost.

Back home at the end of the night. You would think that I torture this kid regularly.

Today - Sunday we celebrated Coopers birthday, my baby brother is 24. He requested "Levi Tacos" and cherry cheesecake. And even though it was Cooper birthday I got myself a little present too. The Brown's in our ward are moving to Utah and decided not to take the piano with them so I bought it. Since Cooper and Houston were both around they were able to bring it home for me. I'm so excited. Hopefully I'll have a home soon enough to put it in. Dumb short sales...60+days and waiting.


I think that's our news for now. Everyone is well and we are loving the cooler weather. Happy Fall!

1 comment:

Marisa said...

What a cute dinosaur and a cute witch!