Sunday, January 4, 2009

Kicks for Kids



Yesterday Keaton started in a little soccer class for toddlers. I was so excited. Since I have to work it's hard to find activities to do with Keaton. There are lots of great things out there but they seem to be at 9:00 am during the week days. So when I found this little Saturday soccer class for 2-3 year olds I was super excited. The only catch...8 am on a Saturday. I had to drag him out of bed he spent 20 minutes fighting me to get dressed, kicking, putting his pajama shirt back on after I took it off. Running away from me naked when I changed his diaper etc. I forced him into his car seat and he cried half the way there. Luckily we came out of it and he had a good time. I took a few short video clips with my new Christmas camera.

The first one is Keatons first attempts at dribbling. Well his first few attempts failed because it takes a lot of control for a little boy to only do little kicks, he wanted to swing away! But here he is...he's about average for the class, they all mostly do it this way but it's the first day...maybe we'll be able to move a little faster by the end of the 6 week season.


This one is at the very end when they each got to kick a goal with the big soccer ball. He had done this a few times with a regular ball so I thought he'd do the happy goal dance on his own but he didn't, he needed help. Plus I pushed the wrong button on the camera so I missed the first kick that got the ball close to the goal, and just got the little kick at the end.

4 comments:

M + L said...

I think it's awesome that you got him involved in soccer. Way to go! Hope he likes it.

Marisa said...

That is sooo cute! I can't believe how good he is already!

Addy said...

How fun! Keaton is lucky to have a Mom that finds fun things for him to do!

I'm glad you found my blog. Do you mind if I add you to my list of Family & Friends?

Brooke said...

I don't think I have seen anything so cute. I wish they had soccer for little guys here. . . they have full contact football, but no soccer :(