Friday, September 12, 2008

Hot Teacher, Funny Kids

So I have a student, who is a bit different than most of the kids. She takes a while to explain things...for example she'll start with....well, you know I've been thinking about this in my head and well, you know, here is what I think the answer is...but it's said like one word at a time and very thoughtful like.

When she sneezes she will not let it rest until someone says bless you, and if I sneeze and she says bless you then she keeps saying it non-stop until I say thank you. Or if she picks something up that I dropped she reminds me over and over and tells me I need to say thank you.

So yesterday morning she was at the back of the line as we walked into the classroom and she kept calling me...Mrs. Semendoff...Mrs. Semendoff...Mrs. Semendoff several times but from a ways away, so finally I turned around and said What? Here is her histarical response....

Mrs. Semendoff...you look hot today, and not the sweaty kind.

Well if you really knew her you'd be on the ground laughing cuz she's just a little different and you never know what to expect. I'm just glad she hasn't yanked any permenent teeth out yet like when she was in 1st grade...just so she can get a tooth sticker (....sitting on the ground during calendar time...tied her shoe lace around it and yanked...big roots, blood everywhere)

Anyway, a little girl in my 2nd grade class think's I'm HOT! That should count for something...right?

6 comments:

M + L said...

OF COURSE IT COUNTS!!! Every little compliment helps and makes you feel special. That's pretty cute, even if she is annoying :)

cassie said...

Hahaha! That is so funny. That's why I love little kids. So unpredictable and stinkin' hilarious.

ME said...

That was so cute .... everyone deserives that compliment once in awhile!!!

Brooke said...

HA! I love it. And you know, young children ALWAYS tell the truth. SO IT COUNTS!!! WAHOO!

d.jo said...

You are HOT! You go girl! That's a way better story than what happened to my grandma. For whatever reason, they had to wear masks because there was some sort of epidemic & the day the health person told them they could take their masks off, this new girl who had never seen my grandma w/o the mask exclaimed, "Oh! Miss Peterson, you look so much better with your mask on!" Haha! Kids will only tell the truth...unless they're trying to get out of trouble!

Audrey said...

Glad to hear from you!!! Now that I know you have a blog, I'll have to add you to my list to follow.